Saturday, February 12, 2011

2010 Shortbread Culmination

Hosting our son's wedding rehearsal dinner on 12.31.2010 was the perfect opportunity to share all I'd learned about shortbread baking during the year.

I made shortbread, lots of shortbread! For this large a quantity, I made quadruple batches and rolled out the dough in large sheet pans. After chilling the dough for about 30 minutes, I cut it into 1.5- by 2-inch rectangles to put on cookie sheets and bake.


Each guest would get a sample of 4 of my most successful shortbread recipes: traditional butter, almond, maple walnut, and Earl Grey.


My kitchen began to look like a factory!



It was fun to put everything together in cello bags with my little plaid tags.


I received lots of compliments on the shortbread and it felt wonderful to share something homemade with love at the special event.

No comments:

Post a Comment